Saturday, April 2, 2011

Greatest Companion

She’s a friend.  She’s a mentor. She’s a sister and a hero.  An individual who gracefully entered my life at the most opportune time.  A time when life was gearing up to throw obstacles my way that would generate more change than I have ever experienced.  Senior year quickly approached as it promised many endings that would hopefully lead to many beginnings.  My passion for playing soccer was thrown for a curve as my eligibility for collegiate participation ran out.  My education began winding down in capacity as my concentration focused more on my near future.  Friends of many years slowly started filtering out as our lives chose different paths to follow.  In a short period of time, my emotions were sent on a bumpy rollercoaster ride generating instability and uncertainty.  To my surprise, a necessary friend unexpectedly placed herself in the middle of my chaos, lifted my dragging head, and led me in the right direction.
            As I started focusing on finding a second internship, she reached out to perspective employers who she trusted to give me the most beneficial influence.  As I thought about searching for job positions after graduation, she sent me on a mission to find a mentor of hers who could offer me a possible opportunity.  A few interviews later and several months down the road, I have found myself employed at the very company she recommended I be aggressive towards in order to start a career.  I now find myself indulging in an occupation that I have dreamed of for many years. 
            When I need a shoulder to cry on or a listening ear to bare my babbling, she is there no matter where she is or who she is with.  Her constant effort to be the best friend that she could possibly be is more than I could ever ask for from anyone.  It is a comforting feeling to know that she will always be there for me holding my hand, lifting me up, and pushing me along.  I love her like a sister and appreciate our relationship more than any other person could fathom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment