Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lifestyles

I have always been amazed by the various lifetstyles people live.  Although we are all considered human beings, all brought into the world through the same process, everyone consumes a lifestyle different from the individual standing next to them.  Some are born into money and fame, some are considered average middle-class, while some are raised in an unfortunate and under privileged environment.  Depending on genetic make-up and the success of ancesters, every person is categorized into societal groups.    Although I live comfortably and undeniably appreciate everything I have, I still tend to wonder what it would be like to be in someone else's shoes for a day, or maybe a week.  I am curious enough to sleep on the slum streets of cities to fully understand the everyday heartache a homeless individual experiences.  And if I was lucky enough, I would enjoy being pampered and spoiled to a level of extremity to endure the feeling of fame and fortune.

Just recently, I vacationed in Miami, Florida where the sun shines, the clubs roar till the wee hours of the morning, the alcohol pours, and the shiny beemers line the streets.  It felt as if I were in a different country.  As I walked the beach, entered luxurious hotels, danced at famous clubs, and feasted at Italian Bistros, I found myself easily transforming to the lifestyle Miami provided.  Although I did not hate it, I had to realize that that was not how I was raised and I probably could not feel comfortable for a long period of time being out of my element.  My pockets would also empty a bit too fast for my liking.

Me at the Delano in Miami where many famous parties take place.  A little awestruck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment